Aamras

Aamras - I love Mangoes. I firstly had aamras during lunch in a small restaurant called Gujrati mandal in Chennai. I loved the taste. When I read about it in Wiki, I got to know it is eaten with poori in Gujrat. I like it as a dessert itself. Have tried with Neer dosa and liked it.
I have used the mangoes fro our home which is a little sour and sweet. You can use any variety of pulpy mango. Just adjust the jaggery based on the sweetness of mango your use.
Ingredients
Pulp of mango - 1 cup (250 ml)
Jaggery - 4 tbsp
Dry ginger powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom - 4
Water or milk - optional
Method
Clean the mango. Chop it and peel it. Remove the pulp if it is juicy by squeezing. If the mango is not very juicy, blend it in a blender. It should be smooth puree like. Add jaggery based on the sweetness of mango and your taste preference. Add dry ginger powder. Crush the cardamom into powder using mortar and pestle. (Add a spoon of sugar and crush). Add this cardamom powder to the aamras. You can thin down the aamras a little by adding water or milk. Aamras should be pulpy and puree like not too thin.
Refrigerate it and serve as dessert or with poori.

Comments

Popular Posts